Skip To Main Content

New Student Enrollment

The information on this page is for families who are new to Wilson County Schools. 

  • Transfer from outside the United States
  • Transfer from out of state
  • Transfer from another Tennessee school district
  • Transfer from private school or home school

New students to Wilson County Schools have a multi-step process to enroll students: partially online and partially in-office with our registrar and school counselors.

If your child is coming to Wilson Central High School from a feeder middle school (Gladeville Middle School or Southside) and was projected to attend our high school, this information is NOT for you. Those students are considered returning students who are changing schools due to normal grade progression.

Please complete the online  below before calling the counseling office to make an appointment with your child's counselor.

  • Complete online student enrollment in Skyward. New Student Enrollment will give information about enrolling in Wilson County Schools.  Your first  step is to request a Skyward account, and then you will log into the account to complete the online enrollment.  You can enroll more than one student using the account. Be sure to click submit so the enrollment information is sent to Wilson Central High School.  
  • If the new student will begin the school year driving to campus, he/she will need to apply for a parking pass (required for students who will be driving to campus).  Information about parking passes will be available after school begins.  Presently, students need a copy of his/her current driver's license, vehicle registration, and $10 in cash or check (payable to Wilson Central High School) to complete the application for a parking pass.
  • Bring documents listed under Entrance Requirements to complete registration only if documents were NOT uploaded during online registration (no appointment needed).


Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).

Transfers from Non-Public Schools

Students enrolling from Category 4 and Category 5 Non-Public Schools (most often many home school programs) are required by law to test to determine grade level and number of credits earned. Visit this link for more information:  Non-Public Schools List.